Business Information Research Manager
- Either out of our office in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, or Northampton, MA in USA, or Remote
- North America and Europe
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Position Type:
- Experience Level:
- 3-5 Years
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Digital Development Management (DDM) is the world’s leading video game agency. Founded with a mission to improve the business of video games, we provide best-in-class solutions for development, publishing, distribution and funding by bringing together the right partners to tackle video game business opportunities through our core segments:
- Representation – DDM represents talented companies around the globe that design, build, support and market video games.
- Publishing Services – DDM delivers a customized, comprehensive and cohesive set of publishing services to support opportunities of all sizes and enables studios to maintain focus in their areas of expertise.
- Consulting – DDM provides consulting services to build and execute a tailored strategy in partnership with our clients who may be entering the games space, expanding on an existing initiative, securing licenses or undertaking a new endeavor.
- Investment Services – DDM consults as an M&A Broker for companies looking to secure investment or acquisition as well as those looking to source targets based in the video game industry.
The DDM Games Investment Review is a unique and powerful resource focused on game industry investments which is used to help our investment clients achieve fair and equitable value and our consulting clients to make informed decisions regarding their business plans. DDM is looking for a highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented Business Information Research Manager to oversee the Games Investment Review and promote its growth while strengthening the Data & Research division of DDM through additional data collection, reporting, and editorial content.
This position may require work outside of normal hours due to the international nature of our business as well as occasional travel. Remote location acceptable, but preference to those based in North America and Europe. If local to the DDM Europe office in Eindhoven, The Netherlands or the DDM HQ in Northampton, MA in USA, there will be an option for a hybrid remote/office schedule. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Collaborate with the Business Information Research Assistant to research and oversee the collection of investment, M&A transaction, and video game market data for the DDM Games Investment Review
- Produce the Games Investment Review’s quarterly reports
- Operate Power BI platform and direct updates/changes to the platform in conjunction with the data collection
- Write and drive editorial content for the Games Investment Review
- Lead press coordination in regard to the Games Investment Review
- Potentially manage social media accounts and customer service communications for the Games Investment Review
- Work with the Business Information Director to advance the Games Investment Review product offering as well as increase its industry visibility
- Assist the Business Information Director with bespoke research projects and other tasks associated with maintaining and improving the Data & Research department
- Experience with video games business data and/or research is a requirement
- Experience in investment, M&A, or finance a huge plus
- Strong proficiency with Excel and Google Sheets as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office, Power BI, Google Apps, and Highrise CRM
- A proactive, professional, positive business attitude
- Works well independently, remotely, as well as in a team environment
- Attention to detail, process-oriented, extremely well organized, and motivated to learn new skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, including online etiquette
- Personal affinity with games a strong benefit
DDM is a small company with a major footprint in the gaming industry. We’ve secured over $1B in projects for our development studio clients, lined up key equity investments and handling consulting projects for a wide variety of amazing companies. In business for over fifteen years with extremely low turnover, we care about our employees who, while located around the world, form a close-knit team. DDM has a competitive set of benefits tailored to your location. Our mission is to improve the gaming business and to provide worldwide business access to game industry companies large and small.
Please only apply if you meet the requirements above and you are seeking a long-term opportunity with a dynamic company in a fast, ever-changing industry. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not consider nor respond to resumes submitted without a cover letter whether sent directly or from Indeed.com and other hiring websites. Please include in your cover letter your narrative about why you are interested in a business career in the games industry and why you are a great candidate for this position. We will then be in touch if we’d like to set up a call to talk further. Thank you for your interest in DDM!
DDM is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace.
Please use the "apply" button below to submit cover letter and resume for consideration.Apply »