Business Information Research Assistant
- Northampton, MA
- Job Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- Experience Level:
- Assistant to Junior
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Digital Development Management (DDM) is the world’s leading video game agency. Founded with a mission to improve the business of video games, we provide the right solutions for development, publishing, distribution and funding by bringing together the right partners to tackle video game business opportunities through our core segments:
- Representation – DDM represents talented companies around the globe that design, build, support and market video games.
- Publishing Services – DDM delivers a customized, comprehensive and cohesive set of publishing services to support opportunities of all sizes and enables studios to maintain focus in their areas of expertise.
- Industry Guidance – DDM provides consulting services to build and execute a tailored strategy in partnership with our clients who may be entering the games space, expanding on an existing initiative, securing licenses or undertaking a new endeavor.
- Finance Services – DDM consults for companies looking to secure investment as well as those looking to source investment targets based in the video game industry.
DDM’s Games Investment Review is a unique and powerful data platform focused on game industry investments to help our consulting and finance service clients achieve fair and equitable value. DDM is looking for a highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented Business Information Research Assistant to help maintain the Games Investment Review, strengthen the research department through additional data collection and reporting, and assist with business records and processes used by the business development team across all segments.
This position may require work outside of normal hours due to the international nature of our business as well as occasional travel in North America. When deemed safe to do so, given the current coronavirus situation, daily work is to be handled from the headquarters oﬃce in Northampton, MA, with an understanding that daily commuting to this oﬃce is a requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Collect and maintain investment, M&A transaction, and video game market data as well as assist with analysis of trends for DDM’s Games Investment Review platform and reports
- Collect and maintain game sales, forecast models, and comparable reports as well as additional market research as needed
- Fact check and edit research reports, articles, and presentations
- Update business information records and tools used by our business development team (Power BI, PowerPoint, Google Docs and Sheets, Word and Excel documents, cloud storage management on Box)
- Create custom research reports, fact sheets, etc. to support DDM’s worldwide clientele as well as DDM’s business segments
- Assist with maintaining DDM’s research library
- Background in finance preferred and experience in the gaming industry or gaming related service industry is a huge plus
- Strong proficiency with Excel and Google Sheets as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office, Power BI, Google Apps, and Highrise CRM
- A proactive, professional, positive business attitude
- Works well independently, remotely, as well as in a team environment
- Attention to detail, process-oriented, extremely well organized, and motivated to learn new skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including email etiquette
- Personal affinity with games
Please only apply if you meet the requirements above and you are seeking a long-term opportunity with a dynamic company in a fast, ever-changing industry. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not consider resumes without a cover letter. Please include in your cover letter your narrative about why you are interested in a business career in the games industry and why you are a great candidate for this position. We will then be in touch if we’d like to set up a call to talk further. Thank you for your interest in DDM!
Please use the "apply" button below to submit cover letter and resume for consideration.Apply »