Business Development Manager
- Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Job Type:
- Business Development
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- Experience Level:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Digital Development Management (DDM) is the world’s leading video game agency. Founded with a mission to improve the business of video games, we provide the right solutions for development, publishing, distribution and crowdfunding by bringing together the right partners to tackle video game business opportunities.
DDM is looking for a highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented Business Development Manager to strengthen our Hong Kong agency team. This position focuses on managing and growing business with current clients and developing new relationships with game companies, such as game developers, game publishers and brand/content holders in Asia.
This position requires work outside of normal hours due to the international nature of our business as well as some travel in China and occasional travel to the US and Europe. Daily work is to be handled from a co-working office in Hong Kong with an understanding that commuting to this office is a requirement. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified candidates must be fluent in English and Chinese Mandarin, demonstrate interest and experience in sales/business development and possess a true passion and deep experience in gaming. Games industry work experience is a huge plus.
- Manage developer and publisher relationships
- Identify, target and acquire new business opportunities in the games and entertainment industry
- Assist in closing business deals by coordinating requirements and developing and negotiating contracts
- Attend trade shows as needed, including ChinaJoy in Shanghai
- Working closely to support business development needs in Hong Kong (including but not limited to scheduling, note-taking and other administrative duties)
- English-Simplified Chinese translation work in written documents and verbally in meetings
- Creating, updating and maintaining documentation (PowerPoint templates, Google Docs and Sheets, Word and Excel documents, cloud storage management on Box)
- Work in close cooperation with DDM’s international offices
- 3 – 5 years of related experience in business development role; experience in the gaming industry or gaming related service industry is a huge plus
- Simplified Chinese and English verbal and written fluency
- A proactive and positive business attitude
- Working well independently as well as in a team environment
- Attention to detail and extremely well organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including email etiquette
- Working knowledge of the mobile games industry, premium games industry, F2P (including knowledge of KPIs) and Games-as-a-Service
- Proficient with applications such as Microsoft Office, Google Apps and CRM tools such as Highrise
- Personal affinity with games
- Professional demeanor and personal presentation
Please only apply if you meet the requirements above and you are seeking a long-term opportunity with a dynamic company in an ever-changing industry. Send your resume and cover letter (no resume will be considered without a cover) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter your narrative about why you are interested in a business career in the games industry and why you are a great candidate for this position. We will then be in touch if we’d like to set up a call to talk further. Thank you for your interest in DDM!
Please use the "apply" button below to submit cover letter and resume for consideration.Apply »