Business Development Coordinator
- Massachusetts (Boston area or Northampton, MA)
- Job Type:
- Business Development
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- Experience Level:
- 2-5 Years
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Digital Development Management (DDM) is the world’s leading video game agency. Founded with a mission to improve the business of video games, we provide the right solutions for development, publishing, distribution and funding by bringing together the right partners to tackle video game business opportunities through our core segments:
- Representation – DDM represents talented companies around the globe that design, build, support and market video games.
- Publishing Services – DDM delivers a customized, comprehensive and cohesive set of publishing services to support opportunities of all sizes and enables studios to maintain focus in their areas of expertise.
- Industry Guidance – DDM provides consulting services to build and execute a tailored strategy in partnership with our clients who may be entering the games space, expanding on an existing initiative, securing licenses or undertaking a new endeavor.
- Finance Services – DDM consults for companies looking to secure investment as well as those looking to source investment targets based in the video game industry.
DDM is looking for a highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented Business Development Coordinator to further strengthen our Finance Services business development team as well as our DDM Americas Representation team. This position focuses on supporting our business development efforts on behalf of our worldwide clients, with a focus on assisting our Boston and Netherlands-based executives. This is a perfect position for someone with the right set of skills to establish or further a business career in video games. Previous experience in finance and/or business is important.
This position may require work outside of regular hours due to the international nature of our business as well as occasional travel in North America. Daily work is to either be handled from home in the Boston area or our HQ oﬃce in Northampton, MA. The local executive supported by this position is in the Beverly area; the position will include meeting in person with him on a weekly or monthly cadence pending where the candidate is based. Note that travel, working out of the office and in-person meetings will resume as it is safe to do so given the COVID-19 pandemic. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Scheduling across offices for a wide variety of meetings
- Note taking and inputting notes into our cloud-based CRM (Highrise)
- Organization and filing of digital information
- Creating, updating and maintaining documentation
- PowerPoint templates
- Google Docs and Sheets
- Word and Excel documents
- Cloud storage management on Box
- Managing opportunity tracking sheets
- Working closely with the executives and DDM team to support business development needs
- Assisting with client coordination, including conference calls, assembling and sending information via email, booking meetings, advising on travel
- Attending trade shows as needed – including the Game Developer’s Conference in San Francisco
- Joining business development meetings and take notes at them; eventually facilitating these meetings directly
- Working atypical hours on a case by case basis to coordinate with other offices
- Researching information on financial investors, then building and maintaining this information
- English verbal and written fluency
- Attention to detail and extremely well organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including email etiquette
- A positive and friendly business attitude
- Ability to follow processes, but can think on their feet as needed
- Working well independently as well as in a team environment
- Motivated self-starter that can take initiative independently
- Proficient with applications such as Microsoft Office, Google Apps and CRM tools such as Highrise
- Affinity with games
- Professional demeanor and personal presentation
- Understanding of financial terms regarding investing and M&A
- Proclivity and interest in business and digital media
- Trustworthy with confidential and sensitive information
Please only apply if you meet the requirements above and you are seeking a long-term opportunity with a dynamic company in an ever-changing industry. Send your resume and cover letter (no resume will be considered without a cover) to email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter your narrative about why you are interested a business career in the games industry and why you are a great candidate for this position. We will then be in touch if we’d like to set up a call to talk further. Thank you for your interest in DDM!
Please use the "apply" button below to submit cover letter and resume for consideration.Apply »